Authors: Dr. Bruce McGillivray and Glen Semenchuk
Co-written by Dr. Bruce McGillivray (former curator of ornithology, Provincial Museum of Alberta) and Glen Semenchuk (editor of the Atlas of Breeding Birds of Alberta), the Field Guide to Alberta Birds contains:
- A complete up-to-date field reference on over 300 Alberta birds.
- An easy-to-use identification guide for novice and experienced birders.
- A character by character reference for separating those tough to tell apart species.
- Key distinguishing features that have been highlighted for fast field identification.
- Over 300 high quality color images and distribution maps.
- The latest distribution maps based on bird records from across the province.
- The latest name changes from the American Ornithologists Union.